Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Get Funky: Soulive


Here is a band that I have been listening to for the past year or two, and I think they are really good. They are a little more funky with their work with a little bit of jazz mixed in. Their songs mostly are just instrumental, which include guitar, drums, and different keyboards. They also are known for inviting some different horns such as a trumpet or saxophone to play with them. This band definitely has a little bit of a unique sound, but it sounds great.

My favorite albums of theirs that I think is worth checking out are their albums Doin' Something and Break Out. If you plan on checking out either of these albums, I would recommend the songs "Hurry Up...And Wait", "Doin' Something", "One In Seven", "Vapor", "Take It Easy", and my current favorite song by them, their cover of "Crosstown Traffic". In their cover of the song, the guitar sounds awesome. They are a little bit different than what has been posted so far, but they use a great blend of all their instruments to make it sound great. I have posted a couple of their songs below for your convenience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?